The Big Sky Chamber of Commerce was formed over 20 years ago to help Big Sky businesses have a unified voice and to focus on making Big Sky Montana’s premier place to work, live and play.
The Big Sky Chamber of Commerce is an organization that is supported by more than 430 members at the local, state, and national level. We strive to make Big Sky a world-class resort community. Our mission is to promote the Big Sky area as the premier location to work, live and play in Montana.
- To promote a better understanding of the private enterprise system
- To coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry and professions in maintaining and strengthening a sound and healthy business climate in the Big Sky area
- To sponsor programs of work and stimulate activities which will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources
- To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and in initiating constructive community action
- To create broad understanding and appreciation of the great opportunities in the Big Sky area, and to promote the advantages and assets of the community, within the area, the region and in the state
- To encourage interaction between businesses in the local economy
- To assist with economic research that shows the contribution of local business development to the counties and the state
With the support of our members, the Big Sky Chamber has:
- Created a Convention and Visitor’s Bureau organization, “Visit Big Sky”
- Launched the Biggest Skiing in America campaign
- Installed way finding signs throughout Big Sky
- Installed street light poles along Lone Mountain Trail
- Opened a Visitor Information Center
- Helped thousands of visitors and tour planning professionals plan vacations to Big Sky
- Coordinated continuing education for business owners and employees
- Published the Official Map of Big Sky
- Published the Official Visitor Guide to Big Sky
- Established “host week,” which allows for front-line employees to be trained with customer service skills and to have the opportunity to participate in local activities to experience them firsthand so that they can educate Big Sky visitors about all that our community has to offer
- Worked with Visit Big Sky to provide content for new Big Sky, Montana On The Go app for Apple and Android devices
Current Big Sky Chamber of Commerce projects include:
- Business Networking Events: Annual Meeting (June), Annual Golf Tournament (September), Monthly Business After Hours
- Business Education: Annual Business Expo (Fall)
- Business Services: Annual Shred Day (Spring)
- Housing Plan Development to provide attainable housing for long-term residents of Big Sky
- Transportation Strategic Planning
- Construction of a Welcome Monument
- Community Calendar
- Ambassador’s Program & Ribbon Cutting Events
To find out more about how you can support the projects listed above, please contact Margo Magnant, Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not already a member, go to Join the Chamber to learn more about membership.